A Fellow is a membership awarded to distinguished members of the society, having contributed significantly to the field of soil science and agriculture. Below you can read the criteria by which you can become a fellow, but it doesn't hurt to buy book reports on the topic of how to study and how to create projects.
The fellow of MSSS is of lower status than the Honorary Member. The Management Committee or members (Honorary, Life, Ordinary) can nominate among the fellow members (excluding the Honorary Members) to be Fellows. The nomination form should be accompanied by the most up-to-date CV of the nominated members for the purpose of evaluation by the Management Committee. The nomination shall be approved by the Management and endorsed at the AGM. A certificate shall be awarded to the members at the AGM dinner.
The criteria, appointment and rights of a Fellow are as follow:
Terms and Conditions of a Fellow
- Must be an ordinary member of MSSS for not less than 5 years.
- Have contribute extensively to the activities and progress of the Society
- On being elected/appointed, a Fellow would continue getting the same right and privileges enjoyed by ordinary members
Right and Privileges of a Fellow
- A life-time appointment
- No fee is imposed upon an elected/appointed Fellow
- Would be invited to all MSSS activities/functions
- The award can be withdrawn due to unethical conduct of the Fellow and/or defamatory to the Society.
- Nomination of a Fellow should be made by an honorary member, a fellow or an ordinary member of the MSSS and approved by its management.
Please download the nomination form and send the completed form to the Management Committee as indicated in the form.
Current MSSS Fellows
- Prof. Dr. Wan Sulaiman Bin Wan Harun
- Dr. E. Pushparajah
- Mr. Chew Poh Soon
- Dr. Wan Mohamed Noordin Wan Daud
- Prof. Dr. Zulkifli Hj. Shamsuddin
- Prof. Dr. Hj. Shamshuddin Jusop
- Dr. Ghulam Mohammed Bin Hashim
- Dr. Sharifuddin Bin Abdul Hamid